November 30, 2008

I Told Him

It was VERY hard to do, but I told Dante about the other guy. We had a very good talk as a matter of fact. But there's a part of me that's now wondering if it really was the right thing to do. I mean, he just finally told me he loved me for the first time a few days ago, and then I spring this on him!

Perhaps he will retreat to protect himself from being hurt?
Perhaps he will be a little more open to connecting with someone there now?

I let him know that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I had made my decision. That I wanted to be with him, and I liked the way things were between us. I honestly do.

I have already ended things with the other person. So while we will still be working together, it will be business only. If he cannot handle that, or if it will be a problem, then we can go our separate ways. Perhaps I can then concentrate on my own business again! Most of the things I am doing for him right now are as a friend. Also because I am good at this stage of business! Once someone else has begun the execution process, I can take the ball and run with it! But it's the execution process for me that is so difficult, so I find it easy to jump on someone else's bandwagon. May as well go get a job if that's how I want to be!!

Anyway, I'm glad I trusted my friend and kept our communication as it had been: Open. Yes, I am still a little worried about whether his reaction will change to unfavorable conditions. BUT, at first I was worried about not making the mistake of choosing the wrong person. Can't Get Right gave me the best advice about that: Do what's best for ME, not either guy. I want Dante mind, body, and soul! I am attracted to him for who he is, not what he wants to give me. I want him, I love him, I can't get enough of him!

Now, if only we can bring the kids into our little world more. Perhaps that will be a January visit to Memphis for us...

No comments: