August 30, 2009

Pushed Away

Ever get the feeling you're being pushed away? Maybe it's just PMS, but that's how I feel. Dante came in this weekend and well, let's say we've had MUCH better visits before. This one, I was more like a pit stop or afterthought for him. He stopped in Friday and I took him to get a state ID. We saw each other for a total of maybe 45 minutes. I expected him to come back that night and....well, he did...sort of. If you could call sending a text at 230a to say 'I'm on my way' "night". Thank goodness he had a key, so at least I didn't have to get up.
He was gone by 930a later that morning. Didn't hear from him all day until I get an urgent call to go look for some cousin's drunk-driving girlfriend. Never found her, she had apparently made it home. I guess he called because where she was supposedly located was around the corner from me. Did I get a call later? Did I get a "Goodnight Punkin" text? Nope. I sure as hell didn't get a visit since it was pre-cycle time (which for me is like cycle-time when sex is induced)! I got a "Good Morning Punkin" text at 1030a, to which I replied the same. I text again a bit later and got nothing. Then finally he calls since he was at the house (I was at Leigh's). I came home and asked if he wanted to go get pizza with me and the kids. He said he was tired and wanted to sleep (I expected a no), so we left. Hey, he didn't put any plans on hold for me, so why should I?
We went back a bit later and he was still sleep. He woke up, ate, and then basically told me he was heading back to Memphis. Last I remembered, he was planning to stay a few days at least! I gave him a hug and a peck, wished him safe travels, told him to call when he got home, and that was that.

What would you be thinking at this point? Maybe you've been thinking it all along and I've been the slow one to catch up? Maybe it's PMS, and I could be a little more understanding about the transition he's going through right now. Marine career ending, official divorce only 6 months old, etc, etc. Haven't I been "understanding" enough though, seriously?? I just don't expect after seeing each other for almost two years for him to still be so casual. This guy that I saw this visit, this "I-can-take-her-or-leave-her guy"? Didn't care for him AT ALL. Would be really great to NEVER see him again! Honestly, by the time he was leaving, I was so upset with his regard for me (or lack thereof) this visit that I could barely stand to look at him. (warning: emotions possibly exaggerated by PMS)

One final thought: Is it too much to ask to have somebody love and care for me as much and as passionately as I do for them?

No comments: