December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Yes!! It is 2010!! I made it and I made it smiling! For a while there I didn't think I would. Yes, sure I would have loved to been one of the people who kissed in the new year with that special someone. But hey, that is not for me right now, and I am so okay with that. That doesn't mean that I have to act like a nun and vow solitude, cause I am not! As a matter of fact, I am definitely taking advantage of eharmony's "Free Communication Weekend" until Sunday! Yes, I have been communicating with a few people too! Leave no stone unturned! ;-)

I am absolutely chomping at the bit to get started on all the things I am going to do this year! I know, I know. We all do this at the beginning of the year, and by February it's back to the same old same old. I am certainly guilty! And guess what? That's just it!! To paraphrase a popular saying: I've kept doing the same things, so I keep getting the same thing...nothing! Or, to be more specific: stress, worry, unrest, illness, heartache, financial straits. So, you know, I don't wanna get that anymore, which means it's time to apply the wisdom that these past lessons have taught me! Even more important than that, is I have to finally stand and believe and act on the promises God has given me!!! Once I truly accept that He wants me to have these things - these desires of my heart (that He put there) - then I will follow the necessary path to get them.

I really am one of those that wants wealth and prosperity to be a blessing to others. Not just so I can go out and buy all designer clothes for me and the kids and then buy them anything and everything they want. Yes, I would like to get more for them than I do. I mean hey, you know that when it comes to needs I hit the second-hand stores before I try to even bargain-shop at the "new" stores! So that would be something I wouldn't mind changing, more new instead of second-hand clothing for the children. But, the bigger picture is I would like to be more of a giver to charitable causes. I would LOVE to be a faithful and generous contributor to St. Jude Hospital! I just love what they do, what they stand for, and that NO CHILD IS TURNED AWAY (even if they don't have ability to pay). I feel a big tug on my heartstrings in that area, because I feel so blessed with the healthy children that I have. I would love to also be a more generous tither and giver at my church and in my community. I would love to have the funds to sponsor a youth league sports team annually too. SO many things, so little money.

But I am believing God that this too shall pass. I have been working on my foundation for a few years now. Watering my bamboo seed faithfully everyday. I believe God's Word that it is about time for that tree to shoot out of the ground and grow to 60 feet this year!! And my prayer is the same for any who read these words! Amen!!

No comments: