July 17, 2008

Guess Who's Getting Married!?

Nope, it ain't me! Apparently I am good to get real close with...but just not good enough to be willing to take the final plunge these days! lol

Don't mind me, my sarcasm levels are a little high right now.

I chatted with The New Guy the other night. Yes, there are still feelings there. It was so close to being the real deal with him that it has been difficult to truly let go.

Apparently he did not have that same problem.

Approximately a year after we were over (maybe a little more than a year, but a VERY little), he will be married. What sucks even more than dealing with that "closure" was the oh-so-casual way he told me. Instead of coming out and saying it, he starts talking about getting back to wedding details and replacing his best man...as if I already knew!

I will admit I felt a bit heartbroken that night, but I am now - for the most part - over it completely. Though, because he will be getting married on Friday and graduating on Saturday, I will not subject myself to undue pain by attending the graduation. It's just a little much, really.

So then I start wondering again about me and Dante, where we're really going. Am I wasting my time? Is he wasting time with me? So many "ifs"...and most seem to hinge around the child issue. At least in my mind it does. I mean, we've talked about it before, sure. I feel better for a few days, and then the doubt creeps in again. Is he still looking-but-not-looking for someone else? What the heck do I really want, and it is in him? Even though we enjoy each other's company and conversation greatly, is this still a limited-term arrangement? Aren't I too old for limited-term arrangements???

THIS is EXACTLY why I try NOT to think about my personal life right now!!!

No comments: