October 10, 2008

Mysterious Ways...

Got a call from the bff today. Very quick call because she has been pretty busy at work. Glad she's doing okay. It could be coincidence (or - more likely - God calling me out on what I said the last post about feeling envy), but I thought it odd that she mentioned how upset it makes her when people are jealous of her other friends. She said she rebuked that because it was not a fruit of the Spirit. Then she said she doesn't belong to anyone. Coincidence??

Now, in no way do I disagree, and I checked myself about it already. I felt that I was being childish. I have no ill will towards Meda (the lady she stays with when she's here). Was happy to see her and hugged her with no reservations. But I wanted to be honest with myself too, and that's why I let the word be exposed in written form. Because you know what? If she comes to St. Louis and doesn't see me at all, that's her right to do so! The fault is not hers, it's mine. I pray to God to remove any remnants of envy in my heart, because it's a negative and unfruitful emotion...and that is NOT of God in any way.

So all is well in my world. As I stated in the last post, it's a cut-and-dry situation, it is what it is. When she comes to town, she stays with Meda, she hangs with Meda, she spends most of her time socializing with Meda. That's the way it is and I am 100% fine with that...because it's her choice and that's apparently what makes her happy, which is what matters most.

Life is a process, we learn more everyday. The key, however, is applying what we've learned.

No comments: