October 18, 2009

Preconceived Notions

Why do people insist upon passing judgments? I just don't understand that. Dante told me he talked to his father about me the other day. What's funny is his father's main question once he learned that I had four children was "Is she looking for someone to take care of them?"

WTF????!!!! That's a lot of damn nerve to be quite frank about it! I mean of course that's what he would ask. Sadly, that's what most men would think. But is he also aware that currently his son is unemployed??? So Dad, if I was looking for someone to "take care" of us, I'd have dropped your son like a hot potato already, dontchathink???

What's frustrating is that I see Dante has those feelings as well. No matter how much I have tried to make it plain that I am the one to take care of my children, no one else! It's not like he's bought them clothes, paid my bills, took them out to eat more than maybe twice. I'm usually the one buying things for everyone. Everyone.

You know, the unemployed "financially unstable" one? I couldn't help that one!

As I am sitting here watching Tyler Perry's movie, Daddy's Little Girls and how this woman's friend was such a judgmental stuckup bee-otch who so easily passed judgment on this man because of his circumstances...and the woman was actually letting it affect her true shot at happiness. Even sadder is how the people who are close to us can give us their "opinion" and affect our decisions...possibly even our happiness. I can't say that I have never fallen victim to the fallout from other people's opinions in my life. What I can say is that I see that everyone is out for self, even if they have my 'best interest at heart', and that I am responsible for my happiness. I also see that the way something or someone appears on the outside is not always who they are on the inside.

Let's all strive to judge based on a person's character, not their circumstances!!!

No comments: