December 12, 2006

Guess Who's Back!!

Man, it's been a minute, but here I am! A few things have happened, including the MidWest Ice Storm.
Over 600,000 people in the St. Louis area were without power, some for a day and some for almost a week. EVen though my family was directly afflicted by the power outage, I have to say, it was a disaster girl's dream!!! The beauty of the ice was only matched by it's destruction. The majority of the tree in my backyard is actually in my backyard. We'll see how long it takes my slacker landlord to fix that.

Speaking of slacker landlord, my 30+ year old fridge died. It had been leaking for about a week. I opened it this past Saturday morning, and the waffles were already unthawed. So I emptied the food from the freezer into the deep freezer. I put the egg tray in the garage, though honestly they had already gotten a little too warm for my comfort to EVER eat. I finally told him about it Monday morning -along with the fact that rent would be terribly delayed- and was told we need to arrange a time when my schedule allows to get a repairman out to look at it. A repairman!!! I work Monday thru Friday, all day. I won't have time to be here until Saturday!!! Are you freakin' kidding me!!!???
Guess I better borrow my sister's ice chest.

My transmission is not shifting past second gear, so the highest speed I can go is 45...and that's really pushing it. I see the tread on one of my tires. My daycare bill is creeping towards $800. I haven't paid anything on cable/phone/internet, or water. If it wasn't for Can't Get Right borrowing from his mother, the cell phone would be off. My financial life blows big time, but that's a blog all in itself. Not just a topic...but a whole blog!

My job reminded me why I don't like corporate America. Even though the National Guard was called in to help with the disaster area, my job informed us that if we missed Friday from work, it would be held against us! Sure you could get paid for it, but it still counted against you. Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy inside right now?
Yeah, me neither.

The one guy from the dating site never emailed me back. I took it as a personal insult initially. Then I remembered it was HIS loss, not mine. I have actually met someone else, but we'll save that discussion for later this evening!

Hey, I'm trying to end this on a suspenseful yet positive note. Work with me people!

No comments: