December 16, 2006

The New Guy

So where do I begin with the new guy? Well, there isn't a joke that I throw that he doesn't get. We can laugh about anything. We can talk about anything. It's great!
People. He digs Prince. AND Terrance Trent D'Arby. Wow!
Okay, so here are the stats: He's 40, twice-divorced (like me), two children (ages 9 & 10), very involved at church, working on his Associate's Degree in Theology to become a licensed minister, great smile, warm heart, genuine personality, great sense of humor. There is a comfortableness between us that is rather uncanny. The same comfortableness that I have with Can't Get Right/The One.

sidebar -- For once and for all I want to get over The One. I have realized as of the last few months that I have idealized the relationship so much that in reality, it could NEVER live up to the dream in my head and heart. So, he gets divorced (finally) and we get married. Now what? He will still be working ridiculous hours, and sleeping the rest. Still unable to make important functions, or even a date, because the job will call. As deep as the love I have for him is, I want/need/deserve more than that. So I have to seriously let go this time.

Back to The New Guy. He drove all the way from his place to my job -which was about 50min with traffic- to see me and give me a ride to my car!!! It was raining, so he picked me up at the door and drove me down the parking lot to my car! Then he did it again the next day!!! This time he came armed with a single pink rose on a 2-foot stem. Maybe not exactly 24 inches, but it had to be close. I am totally smitten with him! BUT, I am staying very careful and trying to keep things slow. He has admitted me is a "quick-to-fall" person, as am I. So this definitely takes some effort! I totally think he is falling for me already!

BUT, I have to get my stuff together. I just don't feel like I am quite there yet. I have a lot more to bring to the table the table than say, when PsychoRev and I first hooked up. I didn't even have a full-time job then. I just need to continue trying to repair my credit and getting ahead of these bills. I will not let myself get sidetracked into love and not line everything up for StarrDom by 2nd quarter 2007 (at the latest). I also want to get myself together physically as well. I absolutely HAVE TO drop 30 pounds by spring! I am sick of carrying it around! I figure that'll allow me about 10pounds a month. Totally doable, right? Right?

No comments: