December 17, 2006

Playing Hooky

So here I am on a Sunday afternoon, NOT at church. Church where my nine-year old man is singing a solo today with the children's choir. Church where I share a very good relationship with 'my girl' the Pastor. Church where I was once the secretary before full-time employment got in the way. I am home.

So your first question is why am I home, and my child is not? Well, my oldest two caught a ride with my oldest sister today. No, I'm not that much of a slacker mom! I was waiting on our resident family mechanic to get here to hopefully fix my transmission. I am totally sure God understands.

I am also still tickled about the peice of crap refrigerator that the landlord had sent to this house yesterday. People, it is filthy on the outside. Like to the point of only wanting to touch it with the tips of your pointy finger and thumb filthy. But wait! There's more! On the door of the fridge part at the bottom, where there's supposed to be a bar to keep the food from sliding out? There is brown tape!! No really, I'm totally serious. And now for the icing on this 3-year-old fruitcake:
The top freezer part has black mold in it!!! Ummm-mmmm.

He could have just slapped me, and it would have been less insulting.

On a much brighter note, The New Guy let it slip that he is falling in love with me yesterday!

No comments: