August 18, 2010

I got a Nibble

It's not the one I want, but I will take what I can get. We do what we can until we can do better, right?

RIGHT??

Noooo, not a guy (remember what I said this blog would be about?)! I'm talking about a job. With pay in the 2 digits per hour and actual benefits. BENEFITS. Medical, dental, paid vacation.

So why am I not more excited about it? Because its a 45-50 minute commute...WITHOUT traffic. Each Way. AND I probably wouldn't be working first shift hours, more like first and second shift mixed. That would suck, because I like to be able to pick up my kids. Period. SoloMommy gets very cranky when she can't tend to her own children.

We shall see. I will go there tomorrow, be early, and be my fabulous self. I will do well on the assessments they'll have me do and great in the mini-interview also. Then I'll wait. Not-so-patiently but I will wait. I NEED a job like a month ago, seriously. It's really bad right now.

My power bill is about to shut off in a few days and I have NO WAY to pay it. They also won't give me any type of extension either. Disconnect date is on or after the 19th and payday is the 22nd. I overdrafted my account (again) just to save my storage unit, so I can't bounce it for this. I need a miracle. Heck, I had to cash in our last bit of coins today to afford the bare minimum on the kids school supplies.

Yep, it's that bad. But my faith is not wavering. I am actually in a VERY expectant state right now. I know that any day now, God is about to blow my mind. He never lets me down, He is -as the Marine motto goes - Semper Fidelis!

Who knows, it could be the place I am going to tomorrow. There may be a package so good that I just can't pass it up, even for a 30-40 minute shorter commute. If I remember correctly from a few years back they were starting off at maybe $12-something an hour. Even with this economy, that starting rate should have gone up, and I am a lot more comfortable with the prospect of negotiating that starting rate, since I know it's usually a little flexible. Learned that the hard way a few times.

I would love to be more in the $14-17/hour range. Combine that with the child support that I expect by October or so, and I would be paying off bills left and right. I could still get some stuff done with maybe $13.50...but seriously for that drive, that's the lowest I can really go. I'm hoping though that the benefit package is great enough with them being a healthcare provider that that could kind of act as a raise too, over another job.

Family health premiums, even through employers are outta this world! At CWT, my health premium deducted every pay period was about $170...just for the medical! That didn't include dental and vision! Out of an 80 hour paycheck, that was like making $2.13 LESS than what I was making, just for medical insurance. Those are the things you have to look at. Never just get hung up on the number. There's more to it than that!

In other news, I got my Financial Aid Suspension lifted. YAY!!! Now I just have to get my Academic Suspension lifted and get me reinstated in school so I can start classes again by Fall 2 Term in October. The email was sent as requested today. I am now awaiting the reply...

Lots to pray and believe about right now!

No comments: