August 14, 2010

The (job) Hunt Begins...

OMG...I have never been so ready to get back to work in my life!!!

No, no, no...don't panic. I'm still not a big Corporate America or j.o.b. fan, but I'm even LESS fond of being this damn broke! So the acronym for j.o.b. (ie, Just Over Broke) will be a STEP UP for me at this time!!!

I have plans for the next few months. Those plans involved getting a few thousand dollars a month in income, getting a lease option on this house, getting my Denali XL (finally), getting almost ALL bills paid off, raising my GPA back to acceptable levels, and getting my FICO over 600. Yep...all before next Spring.

How, you ask? Well, it all starts with a job, making more than $30K a year. Mix in the part-time income working with AT&T, then sprinkle in about $700/month in child support (most from my selfish ex-husband hopefully) and we should be in a good place. Then top with supplemental income from a part-time Amway online business and some revenue from StarrDom Travel - relaunched and rebranded as a destination wedding/honeymoon/group getaway only agency - and I should be bringing in a nice chunk of change per month.

All to get me to the aforementioned goals. I was originally hoping to have my Denali by my birthday this year but, unless I do something wreckless and stupid...or win the lottery...I won't. That's okay, I'm aiming for next year, around tax return season to be specific. My bills should be in such a good place by then that I could afford to split my return between that and a good down payment on a certain surgery I've been wanting to have.

That's the general plan, now it's time to narrow it down some to more specific goals. It's gonna happen, I no longer have a doubt. God promised it to me, and He does not break his promises.

No comments: