September 22, 2006

Unfit and fed up

Heck of a title, I know. It did get your attention though, didn't it?

I got on the scale the other morning and well...Wow! I am officially two pounds lighter than I was when I gave birth 5weeks early to my fourth child!!!!! I am 5feet 8 inches tall. I could wear a size 16 comfortably, though I am currently stuffing myself in all my 14's because I REFUSE to buy a bigger size! My ideal size is a 10, perhaps even an 8. That might be too thin on me though. We'll see.

This is my official notification that by my birthday November 9, I will be 20-25 pounds slimmer!!!

I will exercise 6 days a week. Sunday will be my day off. Due to my family requirements and my work schedule, I can't join a gym right now. However, I do have a TotalGym XL setup in my bedroom this exact moment--that hasn't been used in about 3 weeks!

I will keep a daily log of all foods that I eat. The spreadsheet that I have created will keep me accountable to myself for all calories consumed.

What do I hope to gain from this, you ask? Okay maybe you didn't, but I'll spill anyway. I want my confidence back. I used to be one the most self-confident (okay, vain) people that I knew. I looked in the mirror at work the other day and barely recognized the reflection. I want to stop taking blood pressure pills everyday. I want to prevent becoming diabetic. I want to greatly reduce the chance of following in my mother's footsteps and having a heart attack. I am on a solid path to all the aforementioned ailments as I am right now. I want to be healthy and energetic. I want to set a great example for my children.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: