September 28, 2006

The One

I've known him since I was 15 or 16 years old. He liked me and I liked him, but I had a boyfriend and his cousin (also my cousin) told him so.

Fast forward 8 years to our first time together...and the conception of our daughter during an El Nino blackout at my hotel in San Diego. What else were we supposed to do? One marriage under the belt for both of us. We tried "us" for awhile, but it just wasn't working out.

Fast forward a few more years to the demise of my second marriage, and the failing of his. We tried again, but still not quite working right. Too much other "stuff" in our lives in the way.

Which brings us to present day. Have you ever had someone non-family that, no matter what heartache or heartbreak is going on in your life, you know-that-you-know-that-you-know there is this someone who loves you all the way? That is what he is for me. What's really cool is that I am that for him too. He would always say, "Don't noboby love me like you do besides my momma." (He is a momma's boy -in a good way- which is okay with me) One thing to keep in mind about us, there are no fights or arguments when we part ways, we just know it's time to go. We've both gotten too old for this. So, after about 16years of back and forth, I keep my prayer alive that the "Third times the charm". We're not official at this point, and he knows of my vow of abstinence this time, so we have the potential to be off to better "start" than ever before.

And the saga continues...

No comments: