February 22, 2007

Back to the Grind

So Champagne was well enough that she went back to school today, though she still has the cough of a 20 year chain smoker. That meant I went back to work today. I did put in 16 hours of sick time, don't know if I'll get paid for all of it. I did get my verbal warning today as well. Hey, what can you do?

I got to my sister's house to pick her up, and I could tell something was wrong. I was on the phone with my girl from high school, so I told her I'd call her back. I was right about something being wrong. We have a friend who is more like a sister to us, named Ann. Ann has 2 children, a girl and a boy. Ann is also married to a pretty cool guy...who is at this moment dying. A few months ago, they found cancer in his spine. When the doctors went in to get it, they noticed it had metasticized. Yes indeed, in my opinion, the WORST word in cancer is metastacized. That basically means it has spread.

He has had enough time to get all of their affairs in order, and as far as I know make peace with the situation at hand. My sisters usually speak in amazement at how much he has planned and taken care of during this time. He's even researched and planned a deck to be built on the house! But, my God, Ann is only like 37! He is not that much older! The children are 8 and 3. How absolutely heart-breaking is that! I feel so much for Ann right now. I just can't even imagine losing a husband. I humbly request your prayers of strength for Ann and her family at this time.

I called on the one friend I have that I knew would truly help me in prayer. That's right. The Commander brought all the right words out to help me talk to God on behalf of the family. After he finished typing - this was done through IM - I prayed a most heartfelt prayer using his words. I am exceptionally emotional, so of course there were tears. No of course I didn't let him know! I just thanked him sincerely and told him he was my angel tonight.

Well God is In charge and you should just pray for His Comfort and as the Lord that he's will be done. Ask God for comfort and strenghth for the family. Ask God to Provide understanding in the midst of this storm. Thank God for all that he has brought this man through. Thank God for Just being a graceful God. Ask that His Word be manifest unto the family. Pray to the lord that He just be God and God alone and do whats best to unite the family and ask that he be the Doctor and the Healer. He can do all things but fail.

Nothing else to say but: AMEN.

No comments: