February 26, 2007

Weekend in Review

So, let's start with Friday, shall we?
I got to work, and within 10minutes, Champagne's teacher was calling me!
"Hi, Kima-Shai?"
"Hi Ms. Alex! You're just calling to say hello, aren't you?"
"Um, no. (Champagne) has a fever of 101."
"Okay, I'm on my way."

People, I hadn't even gotten my first call yet. I hadn't even eaten my breakfast that I bought from McD's. Bacon, egg and cheese McGriddle meal with Cappucino. Yes, cappucino. #9 is my meal number, and yes I do eat a lot of them. If you saw the junk in my trunk, you'd believe me!

So I let my lead know, and sent an email to my manager at home to let him know I had to leave. Then, I picked up Champagne and headed to the ER. We signed in at 1050a, and finally checked out about 315P. At least they called us back so she could lay in a bed and take a nap. Meanwhile, I was entertained by emailing back and forth with the Commander. He was in a punchy mood this day, let me tell you! Oh, you want me to tell you? Well ok, I'll only say this much about it:
I was invited to be lunch!

No, that wasn't a typo.

Anywho, Can't Get Right/The One even called to check on his little girlfriend, which is what he always calls Champagne. He told me he'd call back but...yeah right, like I don't know better! So, after the ER people took XRays and swabbed her nasal lining to rule out pneumonia, flu, and
RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus), they decided on Bronchitis and (double) shot her up with antibiotics. They also sent a prescription home for me to have filled. Maybe. I bought cough syrup, isn't that good too? I mean they don't really know what's wrong, they're just guestimating bronchitis. My house sounds like a seal symphony as it is, so I'll take some good Equate Tussin CF - with the same dosage of medicine as in Mucinex - any day!

Well, after we left the ER, we headed up to the sixth floor where Ann and her husband were. Their daughter was zipping back and forth between the hospital room and the waiting room across the hall, still purposely oblivious as I call it. She was actually in the room when he died, but she was just as happy as if nothing was wrong. She was excited that her aunt was taking her skating that evening. She also had a birthday party the next day, which my oldest sister took my oldest kids to. Her time will come, and I pray for her and her mom when it does.

So Saturday, I stayed in sleep clothes all day! I did manage to: (trumpets sounding) RELAX MY HAIR!!! Yes, ladies and gentleman, it's actually straight again! And I even deep-conditioned it!

Sunday, I lounged around most of the day, then went to my Grandmother's house to wish my mom a happy birthday. She turned 57 on February 26th! WOOHOO!! I am definitely blessed there. My Grandmother turned 86 on the 21st! I bought my mom the first 2 seasons of Miami Vice on DVD. She has been asking about this for months, wanting to know if I would check the prices on ebay for her. Yes...I am the reigning ebay queen in my family! I just played along, cause I already knew what I would do. I had those sets delivered almost 3 full weeks before her birthday. She LOVED it!!! We stayed down there for several hours, then came on home. That was Sunday.

Back to work a full day on Monday, with no daycare calls. WOW! (the audience appauds)
Work was fun today. It was busy, but I was emailing with my best friend for the better part of the day. I was able to email just shortly with the Major also. Mainly our thing is yahoo chat and talking on the phone most evenings.

Yes the Commander and I were emailing too. Mostly R rated, yes again. We almost made a plan, but Divine intervention prevented such a thing from occurring!
Either we're gonna have to quit cold turkey(hold your breath)...or just do it and get it out of the way!
No, really.
I want him to be my friend either way, whether we do or we don't. So we might just need to get rid of that (ever-increasing) sexual tension, so we can move on to better things. Like hanging out on occasion. We may even have business dealings in the future.

Yes. I really would do it...and well!

So, here we are at Monday night, nothing exciting going on. The funeral is Wednesday evening.
Maybe I'll have something good to post tomorrow.

No comments: