March 4, 2007

Week In Review

So, it's Saturday. The week passed and nothing exciting happened.

I went to the funeral for Ann's husband on Wednesday evening. It was a very civil service. She is still being very strong, thank God. The burial was held in Chicago, his hometown. My sisters and their children all went. They will be back tomorrow.

Work has been work, nothing good or bad. We have a formal dinner dance toward the end of March. I am debating on who I want to take to it. I want it to be someone that I can have a good time with, exclusive of everyone else around. I don't know a lot of my coworkers, so I already know I won't be a huge socialite. I initially invited Can't Get Right/The One -mainly as a courtesy because I know he won't be able to attend. As a matter of fact, I gave him a deadline to answer me, so I have enough time to invite someone else. I was thinking about the Commander, but firstly I think he'll be out of town, and secondly he may think it's like a date or something. I don't want Mr. Anti-Relationship panicking on me, thinking I have some ulterior motive.

That's when I realized I missed The New Guy.

My other option is The Lineman. I'll call him that because he works on the line at an auto assembly plant. You're thinking the Lineman is new, but he is actually older than most others I have mentioned. I met him even before PsychoRev. I can't say a whole lot about him, we only saw each other a couple of times. We went to lunch at Blueberry Hill in St. Louis' Delmar Loop. I also went to visit him at his home once. He was a perfect gentleman the whole time. Yeah, we made out a little, but his hands didn't even wander. He gets points for that. We never made a real effort to try and get together before. I can't say it will happen this time either. But I have advised him, that if he wants to be The Man, he might wanna increase his presence a little.

I'll keep you posted on who my date will be. Meanwhile, I have to decide what to wear. Everything fabulous I have, I am sure I can't fit. So, you know what that means. Yes, I'm gonna have to do like the stars, and drop some weight real quick! I need to drop about 20 pounds in approximately 3 weeks. Yes, I can do it! The question is, will I?

I talked to Preacherman twice this week. He called me once and I called him once. We talked almost an hour each time. We have really good intelligent conversation. I would have to see him in person to see if there's chemistry. With all previous entries -The New Guy, The Major, and The Commander- there has been chemistry even before meeting in person. With Preacherman...the jury is still out on that one.

I talked to The New Guy on IM today. Yes, he started it. We went thru all the formalities regarding how we were, how's work, how are the kids, blah, blah, blah.

You know I had to ask. I never said I wasn't nosy. Let's call it inquisitive, that sounds much better.

I asked how his personal life was. This was his response:

just ok, no soulmate, no one with wifey-potential, on tha real... i think i am really hesitant to "invest", i still want to...(and with that...think about you often) but, my God... it involves me giving someone my heart fully... I think I can, i think I can...but no one is really there.

Yep, that felt good. I had a feeling nothing really happened with that other person, that it was just an excuse not to deal with the fear of a real relationship. He asked about mine, and I truthfully told him that it was about the same as his. Noone with the potential to get me to the altar. I told him that I had been pretty guarded since him. He asked if I thought we could ever be involved again. My answer was I honestly didn't know. My heart says one thing, and my head says another. I admitted to him that I had fallen for him before. He said he had fallen for me, and still wasn't over me. We chatted a few more minutes, then I told him to get back to his schoolwork. He said we'd chat again in a few days. If we do or if we don't is truly okay with me. If it is meant to be, then it will come to pass. If not, time heals all.

That's all I have to say about that.

What's happening with the Commander you ask? Still lots of graphic flirting going on. IM chat has been racy. And we are both loving it! But, we are both nervous. That first time awkwardness kind of nervous. Like, what will we do when we see each other? Will we talk first for a while or just jump right in? We both came to the conclusion that there would be talking first, I think to re-establish the comfort level that we already have with one another. I'm not going to tell you exactly what happens. I'm not going to say you'll know when it happens. I don't plan to kiss and tell, but I'll at least inject a snippet (eventually) that it happened. I am sure I will be more enthusiastic that we actually met and talked in person. I just hope he knows that our "relationship" boundaries are firmly set, and that I expect nothing more than what we have so expressly discussed. Noone has put me on fire like this in quite a while. How much so, you ask? Put it this way, if I wasn't already in jeopardy regarding attendance at work, I would be calling in this coming Friday (his off day)!!

Since it appears this blog will remain more of a personal nature, I will start another one for StarrDom. I have some news to report on that as well. I am very encouraged and excited!

Please visit my new SoloMommy Entrepreneur's Blog at starrdomservices.blogspot.com


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've come attached to reading these blogs. let's see I had a question, you have several prospects out there but it appears that you have Mr. Anti-Relationship in your heart. Have you guys done anything that inquiring minds would like to read about? Also who is winning the great Solo Mommy race thus far?

Anonymous said...

I am glad I have a follower! To answer your questions, in order:
Mr. Anti-Relationship cannot be "in my heart" because we don't have that kind of thing going on. He is a great guy, but we are friends, and we are both content with that. A winner in the race? None at this time. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

My my someone actually works their blog. Well you speak alot about the commander. I think there is a soft spot that open for MR Anti man to touch or for that matter enters. Would you break him off a piece of sweet potatoe pie. I ask because it would appear your fireworks are prepared to exploded. If I am too darn nosy then ok.

Glad to see you have moved forward with your business plans. Why work when you can own... Is that the rent to own jingle?

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

I am coming out of the lurking shadows - I read your blog everyday. Of course I am faithful. You left my very first comment on my blog. Believe me, there was dancing and a phone call to my hubby that morning.

Anyway, you are a lovely Mom. I hope you find Mr. Right AND I hope the search doesn't drive you nuts. Just take care of yourself along the way. I don't have any recent dating experience, so I can't speak to that, but I am praying for you and your family. (I do remember how frustrating the dating game can be.)
Take care! Love, Lisa