March 8, 2007

My Evening

So, in the exciting world of Solo-Mommy, tomorrow is Spring Picture Day for DJ and the Space Cadet. I don’t like the fall pictures because they’re really generic and totally overpriced. That means that, along with cooking and some much needed cleaning, I will also be cutting my son’s hair and washing & flat-ironing my daughter’s.

The son is not bad, won’t take but about 15 minutes. But, the Space Cadet has as much hair as I do! Well, actually, more. She has this funny grade of hair from her father’s side, but with my thickness. There are no chemical treatments (ie, relaxers) done to her hair. Though it is midback when straightened, it can draw up to literally above her shoulders when wet! Humidity is most definitely the enemy. But, I found the trick to make it stay straight like it was relaxed, even if the humidity is 100% outside! Grease, glorious grease! My special sulfur formula grease, and a great little flat iron I picked up at Wal-Mart.

Sure it’ll take me 2-3hours to do it, but pictures last a lifetime right?

Right?

No comments: