March 10, 2007

Saturday's News

Well, there really isn't any news.

The New Guy didn't show last night, which is fine because I was sleep anyway. He left me a message this morning by IM to say that he had fallen asleep and it was 1120p when he woke up. Actually I was right there when he was typing the message, but I just didn't respond.

Last night, after work I picked up a gyro for me and each of my sisters. They were watching movies, and my oldest sister had gotten pizza from Sam's for the kids. So we stayed there until about 9p, then headed home. The kids stayed up until about 10p, and I headed to bed not soon afterward.

Yes I had two different phones in the room with me!

We are having cake and ice cream for the Bruzer this evening to celebrate his birthday. I requested money from his father to assist in the festivities and, so far it's a no go.
Who's shocked!!??
Yeah, me neither.
Thank goodness cakes are good and no more than $20!

Anyway, this morning I have been cleaning and simultaneously de-cluttering. I have too much stuff in my life and it's hindering me from doing the things I need to do. So, it's time to start letting go. I may actually manage to have a yard sale this time! Either March 31 or April 7 are the possible Saturdays I'm looking at.

I have decided that the profits will go towards buying me a new CPU. I don't need monitor, keyboard or any of that, just the CPU. I extended the life of this one a little by blasting the hard drive clean, but it's just so old in computer years. My current processor is an 850MHz, and I have 256MB of memory. I do have a CD-RW and a floppy drive as well. So what I want/need is a 1-2GB processor, 256-512MB memory, at least 4 USB ports, ethernet, a CD-RW perhaps a DVD-RW (but not required). I can keep my same monitor; I already have a wireless keyboard and mouse. But I will need a more reliable computer system very soon.

In hopes of being a more awesome solo-mommy, I will let the kids keep this one and just get another monitor to go with it (I already have the old keyboard and mouse). I'm trying!

Gotta go keep a scout out for the mailman. My mailbox post fell over last week and he didn't deliver any mail. I tried to rig it using newspaper rolls, but he put a notice about improper receptacle. So I thought I did a much better job of securing it with wood. That was Thursday, and I still haven't gotten any mail yet. It's been over a week, and I'm really annoyed now.

No comments: