March 8, 2007

Still looking for Mr. Right...

So, I have to right a reprive, because I don’t want you all getting the wrong idea.

The Commander is not, I repeat is not in the dating game! Remember, Mr. Anti-Relationship?

Ok, just so we’re clear on that. Now, we can move on.

So I officially became a member of eharmony a little over a week ago. I have been in their matching system for about a year, but I finally decided to actually pay for the service. So far, no big connections. I have only gone through the guided communication process with two people so far. The first was okay, but I really wasn’t attracted to his picture (which I only saw after we completed guided communication). Then, and I know this is going to be silly but…he sent me an email to ask how my weekend was and if I went out anywhere and got it poppin’, or something. I don’t know why that rubbed me the wrong way, but it did. Haven’t really communicated much in open communication with him.

That was the one from St. Louis. Then there’s –oddly enough- the one from Kentucky. We also made it through the guided stage and are now in open. Neither of us has sent a first email. He looks okay, kinda cute. BUT (of course there’s one!), he is only 5’ 8”. What?! I am 5’8”, without heels! Let’s not forget, he’s about 2-3 driving hours away.

*Sighs wistfully*

Noone seems to be exactly right, you know. Let’s go down the list, shall we? The One/Can’t Get Right: Totally cute, totally loves me and vice-versa, know each other inside and out, emotional connection is mind-altering. BUT, not divorced yet, works too much, cannot get priorities straight. Then, there’s The New Guy: Totally have everything in common, totally cute (great smile), devoted father (very attractive to me), great sense of humor, serious chemistry, Totally Perfect for me! BUT, I’m hungup about his weight and he’s scared to fall in love again. The Major: Great guy, great sense of humor, loves to laugh, definite chemistry, devoted father, ambitious (I’m all about ambition). BUT, lives in DC area (long distance relationships just aren’t my thing). PreacherMan? Can be annoying and a little too self-centered for my taste. Oh yeah, he is easy to have a decent conversation with. And then the ones I mentioned previously. Doesn’t look too good, does it?

I know God is still telling me to wait, and I am. Technically. Okay, I’m waiting as best I can! I sometimes think, maybe I can be like the Commander (notice he wasn’t mentioned in the previous paragraph?) and just be anti-relationship, as he calls it. But, while that may work for him, I personally would just see it as giving up. That’s just me, though. It looks like the New Guy is trying to go down that same anti-relationship path. I thought men are supposed to be the backbone of this civilization. Why is it that when they get their heart broken, they retreat indefinitely, but when we get ours broken, we (generally) put the salve of time on it to heal, and then get back out there again? Just curious. I’d love to get some feedback on this one from any of my loyal readers!

So, I guess I will continue to “see what happens”, without heavily pursuing anyone. I know God and I trust Him. When Mr. Right-for-me comes along, it’ll be right on time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I will say that all things work together for the Good for those of us that loves the Lord. I really think that its bad news for the commander and the Preacher - you seem to be a good Guy.. But I would say keep yur feelings in your heart and Let go, Let God..

Buddy -

Anonymous said...

Wow Poster Dude, you are a night owl, aren't you?
How can it be bad news for the Commander, since it's his choice not to be in the running? I would still consider him an excellent prospect, if he was ever to indicate he was interested. But he is not, so life goes on. For the first time in a long time (maybe ever) my heart is actually guarded. Only the one that God has deemed "for me" has the password to get in. I've just never been great at patience is all!