March 14, 2007

On a lighter Note

It is officially the Major's birthday...eastern time at least. He is the big 40. Woohoo. We spent about an hour and a half on the phone today on our evening commutes. Come to think of it, we talked for a while this morning too. That doesn't usually happen often. We even chatted for a little bit this evening.
He will be in town this weekend, working on his development project. I asked him if I could take him to dinner Saturday evening. Yes, I am a modern girl, aren't I? That's my birthday gift to him. I'm excited.

Oh yeah, van at the shop equals $1700 for rebuilt transmission. Ouch! I'm gonna see what I can do though. I don't have many desirable choices.

I think I freaked Mr. Anti-Relationship/the Commander out this evening! After chatting off and on for a little while I got into one of my deep thought moods. So, I asked him a couple of questions, just to get his idea of what he thought about me. Notsomuch as in he wants to date me, but like what is this guy's (keyword) opinion of me. Well he said I was a good mom and open-minded (thanks to those emails, I think). Intelligent may have come up. So then I asked him if he weren't so anti-relationship would he consider me the type of woman he would want to have a serious relationship with.

That was the last I heard from him! I even put on there not to freak out because it was only a question. I was asking for me, not trying to pick his brain. I was hoping with us being friends as we are, that I could count on him to tell me the truth. It's a reflecting on your inner self kind of thing.

So...if you're reading...Sorry man, didn't mean to freak you out. Friends? Good. I still want an answer to my question!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solo-Mommy, If you know that the Commander is Against a relationship why even take the conversation there. Has he expressed to you why he feels a relationship doesn't work for him? I'm sure he did not ignore you but maybe the question. So what is up with the New Guy in your bedroom and all. Could it be that you are willing to settle? Based on the Blog the New Guy isn't the relationship type either.