March 31, 2007

The Word "Female"

Why does it take black men to make a simple word like female a derogatory comment? It's like one step down from being called a "bitch" or a "hoe". In their minds, it's safe because those two words are widely accepted as bad. So, being the ingenious little idiots they are, they came up with "females".

Worse than that, is hearing other women describe each other using the word with the same amount of disdain. Now, I will admit that when I was younger, my best girlfriends and I commonly and affectionately referred to each other as 'bitch'. But thank God for wisdom and age, right?!

I must say that this word "female" is not used -for the most part, if any- by real men. Real men know to refer to us as women, because that is what we are. Granted, way too many of us don't act like women, let alone being a lady. But yet and still, we are women.

Thank you to the men out there who know how to address us properly!

No comments: