March 19, 2007

Vacation Day

I am off work today. Yay!!!

I've done a few things today so far, but nothing major. I sat and ate at IHOP this morning. They have a new spinach and mushroom omelette that was delish!! Had the rest of the pancakes for lunch. I sat and read my current business book, The Girl's Guide to Starting Your Own Business, or at least some of it.

Then I went to Wal-Mart across the street with the main intent to buy cinder blocks for mailbox post. My mailbox post fell over about two weeks ago, after about a month on a wicked 'gangsta-lean', and the postman stopped delivering my mail. After bickering with the postal supervisor, she suggested usind the 2-hole cinder blocks as a temporary fix. Poor thing, she doesn't know my landlord....it WON'T be temporary.
Anyway, they didn't have any, but since I was there I decided to look at the grills. I probably haven't told you about me and grilling yet. Let me say this, I am serious about my grilling. If the family is in the mood for barbecue, I will happily volunteer to do it! When I moved last summer I left my very old and crippled grill behind. No, it was bad. No handle to open it, the grill grate being held up by a long bolt, you get the idea. Plus, I had had it since my first marriage, in 1995!
For this grill, I will be buying a grill cover to help protect it. The coolest thing about it, is Wal-Mart assembles it for free. FREE!
I'm hoping it will be available by this weekend!
I also bought the new Robin Thicke CD. The Major told me if I like real R&B, ie 'grown folks music', this is a must have. So, now I have it!

Speaking of the Major, we had a great time Saturday night. I tell you the truth, as much business as we talked, I could probably write off the meal! He is very encouraging and has a wealth of information, which I soak up like a sponge. We went to Longhorn SteakHouse, where neither of us ate steak! Miss Greedy here even ordered dessert to go! We talked quite a bit. We talked on Sunday before and after his flight home. We are what we are (whatever that is).

The New Guy and I talked that night. He new I was going to dinner so he asked how it went. He also asked if I kissed him. Well, I don't believe in asking questions you don't want the answers to, so I told him yes. We chatted for a while after that, then as things starting to get heavier, I told him to call me. Yes, I told him! I think we really covered some things that night, and things have been pretty good since then. I told him that I was hurt by his past actions, though I honestly understood where it came from.

I know, I know. I tried to be hard before by saying it was no big deal. But, he really is a big deal to me. He has been hurt before, just like the rest and the best of us, and he's afraid. Believe me, I'm not letting him off the hook just yet for letting his fear overtake his common sense. But, I also know that what we have is special, and it was from day one. The only other person I have felt this comfortable with to be able to be my total self with besides New Guy is Can't Get Right. I told my best friend and she was like 'WOW, that's huge!'

Exactly.

He's on his way to his spring vacation with the kids. The Commander is gone already. I am still baffled as to what mother would let her teenage daughter go out of town with her boyfriend and his father. No offense to anyone, but those type of things, don't usually happen in the 'naturally tan' community. Which leads to believe that perhaps they are following in dad's footsteps, which isn't a bad thing in any way, just an observation. But, in all fairness, perhaps I don't know all the facts. Regardless, these are two high-quality dads that actually care about their children and do all they can to be there for them whenever they are needed. Once again, in my 'naturally tan' community, that is not the norm. God Bless them both.

Speaking of (again), is a wonder that these are both men of God?

No comments: