March 6, 2007

And Now...Introducing...

I got to meet the Commander today in person!

What did I think, you ask?

I didn't duck away when I spotted him at Borders, so that says something right? You know, with all the mess we've been talking on email and IM, it was still weird meeting him for the first time. It took a few minutes to really calm our nerves, for both of us!

I know what you're thinking and NO, that is just not true!!!
Is not.
Is not.
Is not.
Is not is not is not is not...

Okay, I couldn't help it. I'm back now. Really though, whenever you meet someone for the first time, you're at least a little nervous. Well, imagine this (slightly) anonymous person that you've been talking sooo dirty too...and now you've got to actually face them!
We all know we're different people on email and IM than we are in person. We just had to sit and talk for a few minutes to re-establish our level of comfort with each other. Then we were fine. Talking and laughing and such.

We only hung out for like an hour today, he's a single parent too. He lives waaaaaaaay up in North County of the STL, so he had a nice little haul to get home. His boys started to call because he said they weren't used to him being out of pocket. I will admit, the phone did ring more than once (I noted he has a Treo like me), and I know I saw a woman's face on the screen from the corner of my eye. But I was polite and didn't say anything, wasn't supposed to be all up in the business anyway. Plus, it's not like I have the authority to ask anyway. We're not on that page, remember???
So anyway, by request of my blog fan, I decided to write about meeting my friend today. I was very pleased to make his acquaintance, and hope to do so again in the near future.

Yes, he did indeed light my fire.

No, we did not go there.

No, I wouldn't tell you if we had either!

No comments: