March 23, 2007

Strep Strikes Again

So I posted this last night, but blogger did not take my post. Second time I’ve been burned, this time I’m emailing my post!

Let’s see how much I remember.

 

I had been feeling like death warmed over since Tuesday evening. Fever, chills, body aches from the neck down, poor sleep, you name it. Let’s not forget the sore throat, like it was on fire! Lymph node at my neck totally swollen and sore. I took a look inside and my throat was totally red and swollen.

 

Yep, I knew it was strep. Yep, I did go to work each day. I went to the doctor on Thursday to confirm it. Yep, I took a half point on the attendance policy. Whatever!

 

I just started taking the medicine this morning, but I definitely woke up feeling better. I am completely different than I was yesterday, which tells me it was starting to subside anyway. I have tried to be careful not to get too close to the kids or anyone. Lots of hand washing. Oh, of course I ate!

This is time number 3 in two years for me and strep. The first two times were within a few months of each other. I have heard others talk about it, and apparently my tolerance for pain is higher than I even thought. The New Guy told me how he lost 12 pounds on the Strep Diet, because he couldn’t even eat. Not me! It hurt, it was uncomfortable, but not unbearable to the point that I’m starving.

 

The other joy about being a single mother of YOUNG children is that –though I felt like crap- I couldn’t just curl up and nap somewhere. I still had things to do. As I always say, the law says I gotta feed ‘em!

 

So socially? Things are going. Cody and I im all day, then chat all evening. Lots of catching up, plus there is a comfortableness and an instant friendship already built in, that I know I can say whatever to him and vice versa. We’ve grown, but our –as does most people’s- core personalities have remained the same.

 

I pretty much chatted online with the New Guy (note to self: have to rename him soon) every evening, though he was out of town. I got to chat with the Commander once. Both of the super-cool dads are out of town with the kids. Yeah, I’m kinda jealous, but my day is coming!

 

I am still trying to figure out what I’m going to about the vehicle. I mean, I have an idea what will do, but it’s not the desirable option. That option means I’ve got to do some hella budgeting to squeeze out a car note. No, I don’t have a car note now since I bought the van at auction in Feb 2005 for $2200. Yes, I definitely did get my money’s worth out of it! I cannot complain there. Everytime I think about it though, it depresses me. That’s why the end of first quarter is almost here and StarrDom isn’t up and running. Personal business stuff is sidetracking my brain. Perhaps by the week’s end I may have a better report.

 

I am looking forward to the New Guy getting back, though he won’t be able to officially take me out to dinner until about next weekend. Don’t want to infect anyone this weekend. Plus, I want him to get settled in first, so that he can fully dedicate the time to me! Yeah, I said it! He is very sweet, and I hope that he is for real this time around about us really getting together. If he hadn’t gotten scurred and ran away last time, we could be no doubt making serious matrimonial plans by now. I wouldn’t be surprised if I wouldn’t have been planning to move to his side of the water before school started in the fall. The good thing is that God knows what’s best. It was not supposed to happen that quickly, if at all. I was supposed to meet these other people, like the Major and the Commander, who I never would have met if me and the New Guy kept it tight from the start. I definitely feel my life has been enriched by both of these people, and do plan to keep them around in the friendship capacity that they are already in. I know, I know what you’re thinking. In both cases, though there has been dirty talk with both of them, I truly consider each of them a friend more than anything else.

 

I’ll keep you posted on the car situation, hopefully with positive results very soon.

No comments: