March 13, 2007

It's Tuesday

Could you feel the excitement in my tone on that one? Yeah, me neither.

So before I go make this semi-homemade broccoli cheese soup for our food day at work today, I'll share with you what happened last night.

I was sitting at my desk thinking about the New Guy and looking over my blog. Somehow this started by me googling my first name, and my blog showed up. So, since I hadn't heard from him in a few days I decided to send him an email that showed him how I described him and felt about him in my blog. As I was editing the text (somehow it copied grey) and about to hit send, the home phone rings. Totally expecting it to be a solicitor or my mother, I grabbed the phone only to see his name. So I actually answered the phone giggling, because the timing was uncanny. The Major's timing has been like that lately as well, which is pretty cool. The New Guy had timing like that from basically day one! He asked if I would it be okay if he came over, and I said yes. He already sounded like he was mobile, so he said it shouldn't be very long before he was heading this way.
So, I talked to my mom and then hit the shower. Yes I did do my mini-ped (and I can tell the cream is working)! Not long after I got out, I heard his truck pull up. It was so nice to see him. We sat on the couch and caught up a bit. Yes of course I asked about the "other choice"! Did you really not think I was gonna? I really do believe that it wasn't about that other person in the beginning, it was about his own fear of making another mistake rushing into things. I believe that was best for both of us. He made a statement about me making him feel bad about not showing the other day, which struck me as odd. I found out why.

Guess who else reads my blog?! Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise! Thank goodness I'm such an open book anyway. I mean, it is on the internet and, if there was something I didn't want to be out there, it wouldn't. So that's cool.

Long story short, he fell asleep, I fell asleep, we slept on the couch. Then since it was getting late and I am concerned about driving when you're tired (which he really looked sleepy), I offered him to stay. We slept together, in my bed, until a few minutes after 5a.

Nope, not a wandering hand came into play. Not even a passionate kiss! We kept it very respectable. And it was very nice.

I do wonder what was going through his head, as I try to process what's in mine. While I understand (for the most part) his motives for his action a couple of months ago, that's still not to discount the fact that I was actually hurt a little in that process. If this is our second chance to both walk a little more level-headed into a relationship, then I totally get it.
I guess we'll see what happens...

The Major sent me a nice IM message this morning, just a little word of encouragement on the raising of four children. It definitely made me smile when I signed in! He is a really great guy. I'm planning to take him out to dinner this weekend to celebrate his birthday, which is the 15th.

I just truly can't think too much into anyone right now, because that would distract me from my goals at hand. But I tell you the truth, a little companionship never hurt anyone!

No comments: