March 10, 2007

A Little Self-Doubt

So, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the marrying kind or not.

Why, you ask? Well, for starters...I'm not married. I've been married. Twice. I've been divorced.

Twice.

So, what gives? I would love nothing more than to be the strong yet submissive wife of a wonderful God-fearing man.

I mean, there are flaws with me, no doubt. Housekeeping is not my strong suit! Don't get me wrong, there are no bugs or anything I need an intervention about. But, I can sleep soundly with dishes in the sink, or clothes unfolded and not promptly put away!
I have also been a solo-mommy a little too long, so I'm used to 'my way or the highway'. I don't want a man coming in expecting me to be a pushover with the kids. However, a drill sergeant is not welcome here either (reference to PsychoRev). I'm hard as hell on my kids already, ask any of my family or friends!

On the flip side, I am very affectionate, a great listener, the biggest cheerleader he could ever need, love to not only cook for him, but fix his plate as well! How many of these modern women can say that? Let's not even mention the bedroom!

Okay. Let's.
Trust me, he'll never be bored nor dissatisfied nor left wanting!!

So what gives?

I have been told by all too many men that I'm a good woman, the wife-type. Of course, those men are not prospects (either had me and lost me or are already attached). Yet here I am, exceptionally single.

So what gives?

Is there something on my forehead?
Is there a scent I'm giving off to men that repels them from real commitment?
Is my sensuality too strong, where all they see is "playmate" instead of "lifemate"?
Am I just not as good of a catch as I think I am? (puh-leeze)
Does God think I should be single for the rest of my life?

SO WHAT GIVES?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God will provide your every needs , If you just trust and lean on Him as your present help. The Bible teaches you are to desire your husband and the husband is to Love the Wife. As a marriage relates to the children you have to let go and love your husband more than your children. If your husband is a God-Fearing man and you are submissive and trust in your husband then everything will be ok. The problem in new relationships is the baggage and the old statement "that's just the way I've always done things". Somethings are going to have to change in order for the new relationship to blossom.