March 30, 2007

Week In Review

Okay, so I slacked. Sorry! Forgive me?

I was getting anxious for my guys to get back into town, both the Commander and the New Guy. I had been chatting with New Guy most evenings while he was gone, but hadn't heard from Commander but the one time. Hey, it was vacation, who could blame him? New Guy called me when he got into town, and he did come over that night. I asked him did he want to meet the kids, and he said yes. He said he realized how huge that was. We played Scene It - TV version, and the kids watched and cheered their mom on. It was a great evening.

Monday as I was winding down my workday, he called to ask if he could take me and the kids driving and out to dinner! Yes, exclamation point! Can I say in all my years, I do not ever remember hearing a guy say those words to me. "Can I take you and the kids out to eat?"

Nope. Never.

We looked at some nice houses up in North County, beautiful places. Went to a Chinese buffet, that way everyone could have something they wanted. He and I ate sushi, real sushi. It was my first time, it was good, and I want more! It was a great evening. I could do quite a few more of those.

The rest of the week was rather uneventful socially. I have been more focused on getting this car situation rectified. If you don't know, I am an intense online shopper. If I can't find what I want online, I'm annoyed. I may go buy it in the store, but I have researched it online first, I guarantee. With four children and just me, I've got to be efficient!
What I want is a Pontiac Montana. I want somewhere between a 1999 and 2004, though I could probably only afford up to a 2001. I would prefer captain's chairs on the second row, instead of the half bench. I can't see Champagne and the Bruzer that close to each other in 5-point harnesses without problems! The bonus would be getting the automatic sliding passenger door, and a dream would be to get both of them! I had that on my 1998 Transport Montana, and it was great! I miss that van. (wistfully sighs)

Second choices would be Oldsmobile Silhouette, Chevy Venture, or Chrysler Town & Country. Don't really look at the foreign companies as options, and Ford minivans just don't move me. Since I am financially and credit challenged, I am somewhat limited in my options, but I am hopeful. I plan to be resilient in getting what I want, at terms I can live with. I have looked around on this side of the water, and am not very impressed, just don't have the selection I was hoping for. Problem with buying in Missouri though, is you have to pay sales tax to get your license plates, it can't be financed into the cost of the car. But, the best options as far as selection and best financing options for someone with "special needs" like me, across the water will be best.

Pray with me that I will have good news soon!

No comments: