March 30, 2007

TGIF

So, I wanted to make a separate post for today. I did not go to work today. Short of serious illness, death or hospitalization, that makes for a good day!

I didn't do much outside the house today. We're going to have a barbecue to celebrate my oldest sister's 40th birthday, which was on the 28th. I gave my other sister a grill that I bought last year and never put together, since I got the new one.

My friend, the Commander came to hang out with me for a while, before he had to go finish taking care of licensing requirements for the vehicle. We watched news and talked about the news. We have pretty good conversations, which is always a plus. He is one of a few men that I can take most seriously when it come to kids and advice.

Something I didn't notice when we met that first night was his beautiful brown eyes. They're not even a light brown or medium brown, but they're not that dark, dark brown that black people usually have. They are beautiful. I found my grey contacts because I know he likes those on me. He definitely appreciated the effort.

I am very glad he came over today, we had a great time. We really learned alot about each other. He made mention that he was disappointed that his character was being "phased out" of my "book" (what he calls my blog). So I made a special separate post to talk solely about my friend. We really shared a lot of ourselves today, and got to know each other much better. I would say we really cemented our friendship today. We had such an awesome time, it make me wish he wasn't so anti-relationship from the get-go. But, his rule not mine.

Oh, I did manage to get some exercise today. I decided to try something a little different and rather vigorous to really get the heart pumping. Since I am already getting sore and will probably be stiff by tomorrow, I think I will start my Winsor Pilates DVD tomorrow to keep it going. What I did today, I tell you it is really something not having kids home to do as you please! I had a blast! I did some stretching on the couch while I was watching TV. Decided to do a few things on the steps, steps are a really great workout tool! Trust me on this!

Finished this workout of sorts in my room, where the TotalGym is. That was where I was first heading, but decided to continue my crazy workout while I had the chance. I had the ceiling fan going and I moved til I worked up a good sweat. It was awesome! I think I might've lost at least a couple of pounds! Plus, I hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday, when I treated myself to Red Lobster on my 1hour lunch. (I weighed myself and I was 187, that's a plus) So my muscles were nice and fatigued by the time I was done. I actually lay on the bed and dozed off for a minute. Today was a great day. More like it would be totally welcome.

But alas, back to the real world, right? So about my friend the Commander, he will be around for a while I believe. He said some really nice things about me today, I was actually moved. If only someone who was interested in me romantically would say things close to that, life would be good.

(sighs wistfully)

No comments: