August 25, 2008

A GREAT Weekend in Review!

My Dante came in town this weekend! And get this: it was just for me and the kids!!!!!! Now I really feel special, like we are moving somewhere! He was supposed to come in on Friday and spend all day, then leave Saturday, but there were forces working against that. I even had my niece here ready to babysit and everything! We were going to stay the night at a hotel, since he couldn't make it in early like he originally hoped to. So he got here Saturday early evening, and stayed til about 30 minutes ago.

My sister Leigh and her husband and all the kids went skating. Yes, of course I was there too! The kids had a ball, but I was a little sore at first from it now being $8 per kid to skate!! I really hadn't planned on that kinda money right then. After that, we went to Pizza Hut and ate. We all had a really great time. When Dante came in, he first went to his sister's who I didn't know lives within 5 minutes of me. We watched movies with the kids on Saturday night, as well as Sunday. Plus I ordered Chinese for us all last night.

There was a bit of a snag when I saw a text message that came through on Sunday while he was sleeping. No!! I SWEAR I am not the type to be snooping or anything like that. My theory is if you have to be that insecure, you probably don't need to be in that situation to start with. But the iPhone was on the table and vibrated so, out of reaction, I looked at it. The message said "R U ok baby?" Yep, it was the 'baby' that got me! So I talked to him about that evening and he told me it was just a friend that he met in Memphis. They have bowling in common, but there are no romantic sparks on his end towards her (though I am wondering about from her to him). I took him at his word. Call me crazy or a fool if you want, but I believe him.

He still hasn't really answered my inquiries as to where we are or have the potential to be. But he did say this was a fact-finding trip for him in some ways. I will discuss that more if something comes of it.

I am just very happy about the visit. Makes me even more motivated to get back down to visit him!

No comments: