August 12, 2008

Ms. 300!!

Just a little play on words in honor of Bernie Mac, who died this past weekend at the age of 50. He starred in a movie called Mr. 3000 a few years back, and this is my 300th post today so I made it work. As George Clooney said, 'Heaven just got a whole lot funnier'.

Also passing this weekend was that super cool brother, Isaac Hayes, at the getting-better-with-time age of 65. Both were very sudden and unexpected, and our prayers go out to their families during this very difficult time.

My niece had her camp-out on Saturday, and it was a HUGE success. Lots of kids came, a couple of friends, and all of her cousins! The grownups had a good time too. I left to go to my friend's birthday party at a club in E. St. Louis with the Kween. I sat and people watched all night, didn't really enjoy myself, but at least I was out. I counted that as a win. I got in at 2a, got up at 630a and drove to get doughtnuts and coffee. I bought 4 dozen doughnuts and they were all gone before 10a! I came home at about 130p and crashed though, because I was dealing with the same headache since Friday...and it was now Sunday afternoon!

Dante and I are hoping to see each other this weekend. This hope hinges on whether or not he comes back early from this softball tournament in Orlando. I tried to see if I could go, but airfare is just WAY too high. So, if anything, I will just fill up the tank and go down there for a few days. I shamefully realized that I hadn't been down there since January! I want to rectify that now and in the future. I think we'll call Can't Get Right by another name henceforth, since that doesn't really fit and neither does The One at this point. So, he will now be known as Wayne (middle name). Wayne and talk almost everyday. But that's nothing unusual anyway, as we are always friends first and foremost. I just think that's all we'll ever be sometimes. If all things were equal right now, and I had to make a choice, I believe I would choose Dante.

The good thing though, is I am not focused so much on the personal life right now, because I know it will work itself out the right way. I am just focusing on myself, my family and my business...and not necessarily in that order. It won't happen unless I make it happen, and I know I can make it happen! You can too! Just make the decision and then do it. To paraphrase a home improvement mega-store: Let's build this life together!

No comments: