April 5, 2009

Just One More Thing...

Having been completely engulfed into the fiction world lately, I have gotten the bug again. Oh yes, I am one of those Twilight people...100%! I even have a keychain that says "I Love Boys Who Sparkle". In the next couple of weeks, I'll have a shirt that says something about Dr. Carlisle Cullen, too! What an epic love story between Edward and Bella.

The author, Stephenie Meyer, is like a month and a half younger than me! Talk about feeling like a slacker! Twilight started as a fantastic dream, that she just continued to write the story when she was awake. Seriously, wow!

Then there's my other favorite, Karen Kingsbury, who is a Christian author. She writes Christian fiction, very inspiring and emotional. Like the one I just finished titled Ever After, which had me bawling through like 50 pages like I was watching a chick flick. But it wasn't the romance, it was the death of a soldier in Iraq. All that he felt, all those he left behind, and the show of support from so many because of his sacrifice. The kicker about that book is that she says she wrote it in 5 days! Five days!

So of course I'm thinking, "I bet I could do that." The question is when could I slow my ADD mind down enough to focus? lol I do plan to give it a try, that much I know. I could take any one of many of the stories of my life, do some tweaking, make the ending I want...and tah-dah! I think I can, I really do. And so I shall!

No comments: