May 29, 2009

My Baby Boy is a Graduate!

Well from Pre-K at least! Today was his very last day at pre-school. I was my usual non-chalant self. Just happy in the moment and snapping pictures and beaming from ear-to-ear. Well, that is until it was time for us to say our official goodbyes and walk out the door!

Yes I was a bit misty-eyed, I cannot tell a lie. I tried to be tough though...I don't think anyone saw! :-)

After all that school and I have gone through, I really do have great memories from Bruzer at all three houses. (The way the daycare is set up, it's actually 3 different houses: the baby house, the toddler house, and then the preschool once they're potty trained) In the nearly five years that Bruzer has been there, he's gone through a few teachers (mostly due to transitioning between houses) and I've gone through plenty of drama with payment issues. My "love notes" as I used to call them. "Love note" as in 'kids can't come back til the balance is paid' kind of writings! The woman who started the daycares over 30 years ago passed away last year, and her daughter now runs and owns the place instead of just being director at the preschool. In the past 3 years at the preschool, there have been many ups and downs. But I am glad I made the decision to keep him (and his sister) there through it all. It's made for some great memories, and a very bittersweet goodbye.

I'm not really an "end of an era" kinda girl. I don't cry when my kids go off to kindergarten, that's just part of life. I'm just so very blessed and thankful that we ended on such a great note.


After the graduation/bbq, we did our usual ritual of going up to Main Street to watch the annual Shriner's Parade. We made it home at about 1030p, and made everyone hit the shower before hitting the sack. Definitely counts as one of our great family days!

No comments: