May 24, 2009

Some Facts of (My) Life

As I stated previously, I am re-reading Secrets of the Millionaire Mind again. Found a few great things so far. But here's the one that slapped me in the head (think NCIS):

"Wealth File #2: Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game not to lose."

If you really think about it, that's a pretty profound statement. I will tell you how it applies to me in virtually all areas. When I was younger, I was never super-competitive when it came to sports. The "objective" of the game was never to win for me, it was merely not to lose. Examples: In skating (roller or ice) the goal was to not fall; in bowling I never aimed for a strike or a 300-score, I just tried to avoid a "gutter ball"; baseball/softball was never about hitting a homer, it was about NOT striking out! Get the idea? Now if I was that way in sports, do we really think I have been any different in everything else in my life?? EXACTAMUNDO!!!

That is...until now! More to come...

No comments: