February 26, 2009

My Beautiful (pre) Valentine's Weekend

Okay, I wanted to go back and do this for real, since the last posting was done from my Treo!

I got my mom to come to my house and watch the children for me that weekend. The Officer was off work that day since her youngest was still kinda sick from asthma, so I got to leave even earlier in the day! She has a big enough vehicle to pick up the kids when they get out of school, so that was great! I was on the highway at about 130p I believe. I stopped at a town on the route to go to a um...ahem...adult store to get a special outfit. Okay, maybe not really an "out"fit, but it worked for its purpose!! I can definitely say I will be going back there! Not a sleazy place as many might imagine...very clean and well lit, and the ladies were so courteous and friendly!

I got there that early evening and came in with none of my luggage yet. I had already told him he would have to leave when I got there so I could 'get ready'. I walked in to a dark apartment, with candlelight illuminating from the bathroom and bedroom only, and 'our song' playing on a continuous loop on his laptop! He was not in sight! On the bed, he had rose petals laid out in a design. Pink petals were in the shape of a heart, and red petals were inside the heart in the shape of the letter 'K' (1st initial of my name). I know! It was just as cute as it sounds!! I looked in the bathroom and there was a large card and a gift set of perfume. Burberry Brit to be exact! What a perfect scent on me it is! He did good!!! The next most important factor is that it really turns him on!

If you disagree, you're not doing it right! Plain and simple.

I took the card into the bedroom and knew there was only one place he could be: the walk-in closet! He was coming out just as I was opening my card. It was a singing card too, which he is famous for! I got a couple of good kisses and thanked him for my card and gifts, then told him to scram so I could get prepared. I made sure he had driven away before I got my luggage and stuff out the car. I got him 3 large mylar balloons that had cords from floor to ceiling. I got him a couple of cards, and I set up strawberries, whip cream and champagne with cute little red valentine flutes on the night stand! I took a shower with my new shower gel, then my lotion, then my perfume! Then I put on my "out"fit, complete with fishnets and 4 inch heels! I left the song on a continuous loop, rearranged the heart to the shape of an 'O' around the 'K', and awaited his arrival.

He was very pleased with the look!! I have that look captured in my mental photo album! And the weekend was on to a great start from there! We did a lot of stuff that we had been wanting to do for a while! We both left each other on Sunday with a chessire cat grin! He actually had to work off and on this weekend, but boy did we make up when he showed back up! I love those kind of weekends with him! It's like a little mini-vacation! And...now that I have purchased the airline tickets for us to go to Atlanta, that's gonna be a vacation for real!! I am so excited!

Have I mentioned that I have fallen completely in love with this man? Completely!
I was trying to keep it on the shelf because I didn't really know how he felt, plus he was still technically married. But, once I heard those words (and have heard them a few times since) and as the marriage was officially dissolved, I have really let go a lot more than I was able to before. That's not to say that things are just going to magically fall into place for us. There are still a lot of unknowns on the table at this point. I mean, there's the possibility that he could get promoted and do 2 more years in Memphis! Right, my point exactly, where does that leave us? In a long distance relationship for another 2 years?? Can either of us really handle that?? We're not spring chickens anymore, you know. There's also the issue of the children that he wants. How the hell - other than me having my reversal (which I still don't really know how he feels about that whole idea) and us trying to conceive - will we get across that bridge??? What if he comes home in October/November this year for good, and then between work and school and family obligations not have too much time to invest in this as a serious relationship? Is he ready to get into a serious relationship again? Does he need time to make sure he has "explored all his options" first? Will he be ready to commit to marriage again in a couple of years (since I don't see the point of seriously dating 3+ years without a date set and a ring being worn)?

I'm rattling so I will stop now, but I had to get that out. There's not really anyone I can talk to about the stuff in the previous paragraph and expect anything from. Plus, noone can answer those questions for me anyway, outside of Dante, time and God. I just really needed to get them out of my head for right now is all. It's gotten a little too cluttered in there lately!

No comments: