February 25, 2009

So Check Out This Mess!!

So, the guy that I was helping start his wrestling and fitness business late last year is still causing me problems!

Let me tell you what's been going on. My ex-husband and I did the lump sum child support thing again this year (though he still owes me a grand by DJ's b-day). So with that money, I have paid up rent, the phone bill, the cell bill, the water bill, part of the power bill...I've been busy. Another thing I planned to do with that money was open up a new business and personal checking account at another banking institution. The guy and I went there in November or December and opened up a business checking account for the gym. Since he had $25 he still owed to another bank, he couldn't be a signer on the checking account at that time. So, he very reluctantly agreed to allow me to be the signer until everything was straightened out. I never thought any more of it. I mean it's a checking account, not co-signing for a loan or anything!

Yeah well, if it can happen to anyone...it will happen to me! I went there the day after President's Day to open my bank accounts, all documents in hand. What a surprise when the personal banker tells me he can't open my account until the other account that went into default/overdraft hell is cleared up. That balance was $90.67! I went ahead and paid it, then I called the guy and told him he will pay me back! His claim was 'that was supposed to be taken care of'! Yeah well it wasn't. I am still waiting for a) everything to clear at the bank so I can open my new accounts, and b) him to give me the money back!!!

To make matters worse I went the next day to a local well-known credit union to open savings accounts for me and each of the kids. To my surprise again: Couldn't do it because my SSN had been reported to Chexsystems as of the 12th of February!!!! Son-of-a-b&*^h!!! It is the 25th, and I am still waiting for everything to clear so I can open my new bank accounts!

Worse still, the sense of urgency is there because I have to get a new host agency for my travel company ASAP, because the one I was affiliated with is in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy!! BUT, I can't get a new host agency without a business bank account and check card for billing!! Challenges are just opportunities in disguise!

If I tell myself that enough times, perhaps I'll believe it!! (No seriously, I already do! Lord knows I've had enough challenges!)

I tell myself this was my mild punishment for once again putting someone else's dream ahead of my own. Now I've got clients that want me to check on travel for them coming out of the woodwork (okay not that many), and I am struggling to service them because of this issue! Thankfully, God is a God of second (and third and fourth and...) chances! Hallelujah!

No comments: