January 8, 2007

"Call It"

Well, this is the point that I can sadly say we better call the time of death of the relationship between me and The New Guy. I got a brief email from him on Friday, only after I had emailed him twice. I didn't hear a peep all weekend. Even though there's a significant part of me that still wants to hold on because we clicked so perfectly, common sense is telling me the writing is on the wall. That's really too bad.

I have begun trying to make myself available to others. I corresponded with one guy first by email then chat this weekend. He was in the St. Louis area when he made his profile, but he has since relocated to Virginia. Ironically, he has a business here so he visits every month. I'm supposed to be meeting him for coffee sometime next Saturday afternoon. He sent me pictures of himself, three of them. Not disappointing at all, he's a decent looking guy. Looks like he's got a cool sense of humor. The chat got pretty intense last night, but I did let him that was just "in my head", and nothing like that would happen in real life. We exchanged phone numbers and I'm supposed to call him sometime this week to confirm the when and where. Here are the basics: 5' 10", average build, bald (by choice), nice smile, 39 years old, almost 22 year Army vet with about 18months to go he says, divorced with 1 child. I'll keep you posted.

I had even set up an 'adults-only' after hours meeting with Can't Get Right/The One for this weekend. Apparently divine intervention kept us from connecting though. Yeah, we'll keep trying.

After waiting ALL DAY on Saturday, I have a working and clean refrigerator again. The original delivery time was between 10-11 am, then it went to by 1p, then by 3p. Okay by now the majority of my day is shot. So about 530p I gave up. I told my mom about it, and she was getting herself very upset. I refused to be upset. I just simply said I would call them first thing this morning to have her refund ready when she got there after work. Then about 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang. So there you have it! One thing down, a few more to go.

I still haven't gotten my sink fixed yet. I will take the part with me today, and go to a hardware store to have it replaced, then I'll try to do it myself.

The Slumlord and his wife responded to my letter with a doozie of their own. One that, in their haste, has caused them to start digging themselves a hole. I saw a relative of the wife's in the backyard on Saturday getting rid of the tree debris that's been there since the Ice Storm. Funny how you never mentioned it before, but when I brought it up in writing, all of a sudden it got done. Their excuse in the letter was that the insurance company was moving slow. Then explain to me why a relative of the wife was the one doing the removal? How do I know it was a relative? Because their personalized license plates matched the wife's maiden name! Then there are things in the letter that they flat out LIED about. Other things they just refused to address.

What's sad is that this man is supposed to be a minister or pastor of a church. All they are concerned about is getting their monthly rent every month, and don't want to do anything else. That, ladies and gentleman, is a Slumlord. I don't care how nice the neighborhood is, it is what it is.

On a lighter note, the WonderTwins father saw then on Saturday, for the first time since 2005. Yes I said 2005. The Bruzer of course didn't know him, but he was fine just the same. Ms. Thing was her usual 'hard' self when it comes to meeting strangers. She'll look at you and kind of smirk, but she will keep her distance. I even told her who he was, and she basically like "whatever". He gave them money about $60 and said he would be back the following weekend when he got paid again. For whatever reason, he went home and brought his girlfriend with him and, according to him, she had an attitude in the car. Because of that he only stayed about 5 minutes. I did take a picture of the three of them though. We'll see how this plays out.

Okay so cross your fingers that The New Guy totally realizes the error of ways and calls me to apologize and earn his way back into my heart!

What?

It could happen.

No comments: