January 2, 2007

I Can Think Clearly Now

That's what I always say after giving myself a relaxer! It has been a long, long time. Which was a bad thing, since I was not maintaining it properly. Most people think it's a bad thing to stretch a relaxer, and it is if you don't keep your hair plenty moisturized! I didn't. But I couldn't do it one more day. I didn't want to wake up one morning soon and my hair not!! So I am relaxed again, though it is far from super straight which is fine with me.

Got a shocker today. After pouring my heart out to the New Guy in an email this weekend, I felt I was getting the cold shoulder. Much to my surprise today, I was! He tells me that my email really blew his mind. He said he had a lot on his plate and a lot on his mind right now. Then, he said something about unresolved feelings for another that he either needed to explore or dissolve. Ouch!!! And you were going to share this when exactly? Considering I was totally diggin this guy and had already told him I would be his girlfriend, this was HUGE! I don't know what to do from here. Do I give him a few days or a week, and then repost my ad in the personals? Oh yeah, I even told him I was making my yahoo ad 'unsearchable'. Am I honestly supposed to wait on him to try to spark this other relationship? Then what? If it doesn't work, he comes back to me? Um, that's not looking like a good option.

I am going to give him the time he needs, but I am also going make my ad searchable again. I will not be put on the shelf for anyone, perfect for me or not.

On another note, Can't Get Right/The One wanted to ring in the new year with me and his daughter. We were at my sister's house though, so we missed him.

I have GOT to get myself refocused!!!Now that the kinks are out of my brain, I may have a chance!

No comments: