January 1, 2007

Merry New Year

Okay so -once again- it's been awhile. Here are the updates:

I still don't have a refrigerator. I left my landlord a voicemail on Monday then again on Friday after no callback. This was the week before Christmas. He left me a voicemail telling me how he didn't appreciate me calling his house with an attitude. He also said he didn't know the refrigerator looked the way it did, but he was trying to do ME a favor!!! Do ME a favor?!?!?!?! Supplying a refrigerator for his property is doing ME a favor! Yeah, okay.

So I began my paper trail. Honestly I wanted to pack up my stuff and run from this place, since he definitely wants his key back (at least that's the way he acts). I wrote him a very professional letter detailing all issues that are currently being dealt with in the house, that need to be handled by him most expediously. I followed proper procedures, giving timelines to request all issues be handled. He finally called back to let me know he hadn't had time to look for a refrigerator so I could do it and let him know. The saga continues...

I really wasn't in much of a Holiday mood this year. I never did put up a tree. Things were just so heavy on me, I just couldn't shake it. Not like depression, just pressure. Everything is up to me pressure. I am barely maintaining, but I'm holding on in faith. Right now I am hanging in there for tax return season. That's my light at the end of the tunnel. I just want to get everything caught up and a little ahead, so that I can maintain my budget from there.

Things are going okay with me and The New Guy. We have been getting along really well, although I think he is getting scared and therefore retreating. He did tell me he has some school work that was getting behind that he is on a deadline for. So I told him I would be patient and allow him to do what he needs to do. I just hope he is not taking this as an opportunity to bow out. If so then well, it wasn't meant to be. I guess we will see, won't we? I think the best thing for me to do is just back off and allow him to continue pursuing me at his own pace. I feel like I'm getting a little too overzealous (as I have a tendency to do). To be continued...

No comments: