January 13, 2007

It's Saturday!!!

So the general consensus is this has been a long week. But yay, we all survived, and are better for it!

So. as for the highlights from "earlier". Yes, I did talk to The New Guy. We talked for about 15minutes. He finally got up enough nerve to call he said. He is really no further along in solving his dilemma. He said honestly he has used his coursework as a reason not to have to deal with it right now. He said he is not able to get much of coursework done -ironically- because he is so confused on this personal matter. What he did say that I totally agreed with was that he believes this is yet another trick of the devil to keep him from being focused and doing excellent on his coursework. As a reminder, he is studying theology to one day become an ordained minister. Hey, whether you belive it or not, that's exactly what the devil does.
He was also worried about me resenting him later if I moved over to where he is. We ended the conversation because he was tired, and I sent him an emailed response the next day. Here's the excerpt:

"Why would I resent you for making me happy? It doesn’t matter where I am. If I am happy with you and living my life according to God’s purpose, there is no room in my heart for resentment. When I said what I said about where we would live, you maybe thought I was saying it to win brownie points or something. I was not. I meant every word. That’s just who I am. And you know what? Quite frankly, even if by some chance I am not happy, there is still no room for resentment in my heart. In case you forgot my dear, I am a grown woman. You cannot ‘make me’ do anything I don’t already want to do. My choice to come to you would be just that, my decision. "

Did I make myself clear enough? So, he'll call me when he's ready...or not. I'm okay either way.

Yes, you're right. I have met someone else! No, I can't tell you right now. I've got more updates to do.

Then there is Emmarita (not real name). This is the friend I talked to through myspace, afterlosing contact with her in 1999!! We were best girls in high school, and then we had a major falling out. Typical high school stuff, but a guy was involved so you know the drill. We didn't speak for months, but we slowly came around. They got married and he joined the military, so we saw each other before they left. Of course they broke up, and he is definitely a deadbeat dad to those children. But like me, Emm is a strong black woman, she can hold her own just fine. I also got an email from our other friend, who I haven't seen or talked to since a little after high school, Dani (also not her real name). I haven't talked to her yet, but I will catch up this weekend for sure.

Life is short and this really makes me want to keep up with some of my older friends better, and make an effort to reach out to some new ones that I've been neglecting. I will keep you posted on that, of course.

Ending this on a high note, take a look at this link. If you don't know about the power of prayer and how good God is, this should help:

http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmov_localnews_070112_boysfound.33671421.html

No comments: