November 18, 2006

The Dating Game

Okay, so I think I have allowed sufficient time to heal from the PsychoRev (as he is not-so-affectionately known) and the Marriage That Thank God Never Was! So I have decided to put myself back on the market!
I could have been back "out there" but I was kind of holding out for The One or, as he currently known, Can't Get Right. Looks like I'm gonna have to let that situation go completely!

Once and for all.

Forever.

Dramatic? Yes, but it totally applies in this situation.

So what have I done asks the inquiring minds? I have spruced up my Yahoo!Personals online profile, and made it searchable again. It had been unsearchable since May of last year. I am registered with eHarmony, but my budget cannot afford to become a full member there! It's like $56 a month! I know, I know. I'm worth it and so is the Right Man. But, so is the water bill, ya feel me?

I also made a profile on Match.com as well. I am also just a member there, but I do plan to subscribe in the next month or so. I will do this the Genesis way, however. I have absolutely no intention of initiating contact with anyone. I don't care how fine or how perfect a match he is. If he doesn't "find me", it won't happen.

There are a lot more people under Match than YP, so I am kind of excited about that. We will see what happens. In the meantime, I may try to make an offline connection as well with a former co-worker. We'll see what he does with the information he's been given.

So why online dating? Because I don't go anywhere for one. I figure, if I shop online for everything else, why not this too? I put my priorities right out front, so if he doesn't like something...keep browsing man, keep browsing! Provided they are being honest (even if only for the most part), I get more of out looking at what they say on their profiles than by looking at them in a club. From there, I control exactly how fast or slow -or if at all- I want things to go. Do I just want to keep chatting or emailing for awhile? Do I want to give him my phone number? Is this someone I feel comfortable meeting in person? Each is different, and you have to go with your gut.

I'll keep you posted. Who knows? I may actually get to go out on a d-a-t-e!

No comments: