November 9, 2006

Happy Birthday To Me...

Today's the day! Officially 33 years old! I am very proud of my age, and see absolutely no reason to lie about it. There are some I know that didn't make it this far.

What did I do for my birthday? I got up and continued reading my current book, Girl, Get Your Money Straight by Glinda Bridgforth. This will be the first book I have read start to finish in several months. And in less than a week too!!!

After about half an hour, I got up an began to get ready. I greeted my girlfriend who was dropping her 2 kids off so she can go to work. Then I proceeded to drop six children off at schools and daycares (total of 4 stops), and go to work. Yeah, WORK. The show must go on -- especially if I'm the star!

My two coworkers treated me to lunch at Carlos OKelly's Mexican Restaurant. We only get half an hour, so they paid for mine and I went to pick it up. Lindsay and I ate, while Laverne is currently fasting. I got so full, but it was so good! I had a piece of Alyssa's birthday cake this evening -which is still really moist after four days.

I treated the kids to Sonic when I picked them up this evening. It was definitely a treat because everyone got their own Kid's Meal! That doesn't usually happen for two reasons.
1) My budget can't really afford it.
2) I don't want twenty-gagillion trinket toys in my house!

I came home and printed my Cold Stone Creamery birthday coupon I received by email. Yes, of course I joined their birthday club! Hello? Free Ice Cream?

Then, tomorrow I get to go to work and do it all over again! Woohoo!!!! Meanwhile, the focus shifts from me to Kyla, since her birthday is tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lisa Wheeler Milton said...

Happy, belated, birthday!

Hope you had a great day. It's funny how birthdays clump together in families. Funny and expensive. I got a nephew for my 32nd birthday, and my kids' birthdays are in the same week.

Be blessed.

Love, Lisa