November 20, 2006

A Day Off!!!

I had a day off today. From my FT day job that is. I'm at the PT WAH gig right now. Yeah, I know, it never stops.

But today, I did nothing. I had a loveseat full of clean clothes, and I didn't touch them! I watched Janet Jackson on The Tyra Banks Show. I ate a McDonald's Deluxe Breakfast Platter --then subsuquently ate no lunch. I played on myspace.com all day. Go see
my page, it's really cute! I emailed back and forth with a guy I used to work with. He intimidates me because he is so fit. I don't mean like bodybuilder no-neck fit. I mean like 'everyday guy, nice arms, nice shoulders, nice chest, nice abs 'cause he works out' kind of fit.
And we all know I am big fat slob right now!

I reconnected with a couple of old acquaintances on myspace today. One of them, I'll call him Adonis, was very dear to me. I think I goofed that one up myself! I was all into The One back then. (and that's different from now, how exactly?) This was a few months before Alyssa was conceived. Also during my impending divorce. He told me one day while we were seeing each other that 'it's not like we could get serious or anything' because I was married. Well, I took that to mean he wasn't interested in getting serious because he was a few years younger than me, yet I was only 23. So the divorce was final in October 1997, we continued to 'kick it' as we had been. Even though he was Jehovah's Witness and didn't celebrate Christmas, he came to my family dinner. He invited me to his relatives' Friday night Fish Fry. What an idiot I was!!! Now looking back, we were really an item weren't we?
So what did I do? Well, at the same time this was going on, my ex-husband and his mistress were about to drive me bananas -- literally. So I went to visit The One is San Diego where he was stationed with the Army and fell in love! I was in travel at the time and had a free airline ticket and vacation. From the moment I stepped out of the terminal, I was in love!
Not with The One, with San Diego! El Nino was cuttin' up and my hotel (and the surrounding blocks) experienced a power loss. Unbeknownst to us, Alyssa was concieved. What else were we supposed to do in the dark?! Two weeks later on my next visit, I was looking at apartments and interviewing for jobs. I put a deposit down on a place before the week was up.

For the record: I only saw The One one time each visit. So I was not...I repeat...I was not moving 2200 miles with a 9-month-old to be with that man!

Back to Adonis. I, in my usual flippant and nonchalant style, broke the news to him that I was moving to San Diego. I am sure The One came up in the conversation too. I vaguely remember a 'What about us?" kind of question, and I made reference to his previous statement about us getting serious. He vehemently reminded me that I was no longer married!!! oops, Space Captain strikes again. (I have to be Captain now, since Alyssa is the Cadet)

I talked to him while I lived in San Diego. We even 'hooked up' a time or two when I moved back here. But, as usual, life moved on. At least we have
myspace.

Then I went to pick up the kids, came home, cooked, did the mommying, watched Heroes, and headed up to work. I'm working 2 hours, then I'll do my 100 crunches and head to bed.

No comments: