November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving, a day to stuff ourselves to oblivion and visit with our family.

Nooooo... Let's try that again.

Today is a day to spend with family (and friends) and reflect upon the things in this life we are thankful for. So here are some of mine.

  • I am thankful for DJ, Starr, Champagne, and Bruzer. Those are my children.
  • I am thankful for my mother, my sisters, my nieces, and my friends.
  • I am thankful that my children and my nieces know so well their 85-year-old great-grandmother.
  • I am thankful for the large house I now live in, compared to the 2 bedroom townhouse all five us were in for far too long.
  • I am thankful for the job that God has blessed me with. It pays well and I love what I do.
  • I am thankful for my health, and for all the things that could be wrong with me but are not.
  • I am thankful for every red light I was caught by, or every slow driver I was stuck behind who probably kept me from an "accident waiting to happen" ahead.
  • I am thankful for the four major times that God spared my life. It reminds me that I have a purpose and I have work to do.
  • I am thankful for the freedom to know God, to accept Jesus as my savior, and to be able to teach my children the same.
  • I am also thankful that whatever is wrong with my car happened on a Wednesday evening before this 4-day Thanksgiving Weekend, and not when I had to go to work the next day!!!

Praise God!!! Hallelujah!!!!

What are you thankful for?

No comments: