September 8, 2007

The Frog...and other News

The title? Yes, that means The One is back to being Can't Get Right. But, he is a work in progress. And the work is surely not being done on my behalf! I am currently hoping he will show up in the morning before he goes to work so that I can get Starr's hair done for her big family dinner tomorrow afternoon.



I don't expect him to.



Family dinner, you ask? Yes, Starr's father's side of the family is having a large family dinner tomorrow (it is the middle of the night "Friday" right now) afternoon at one of her great aunt's houses. She is very excited, and I am even more excited for her. I called her grandmother yesterday to get all the information on the dinner and make sure I got her a ride. She even invited me to come along, but I declined. More than anything else, I want this to solely be about Alyssa! If I go, then I have to take my other 3 with me...and I just don't want anyone taking attention away from her moment to shine!



So I am already thinking about what she's going to wear and that I have to do her hair. Yes, it is that time again. I am going to make every attempt to flat iron it well so that she can have some portion of it down (and it survives the humidity). It's VERY wishful thinking about her hair and humidity, by the way.

Life goes on, with or without The One. Life. Goes. On.

No comments: