September 22, 2007

My New Friend

Yes, there is a new friend in my life. He has been here for about 2 months I think. I initiated conversation with him, but not as a potential romantic interest, he was from my hometown of E. St. Louis. I thought that was pretty cool, plus he is currently stationed in Iraq, which is like 'WOW' to me. Because of a certain movie we both have in common as one of our faves, he will hereafter be known as Dante (after Dante's Peak).

So we emailed back and forth on Black Planet for a while, then switched to chatting on yahoo IM. We chat pretty much everyday. Then we email during the day while I am at work. He is 9 hours ahead of me, so basically when it's night for me, it's morning for him...and vice-versa. Keeping up with the time is no problem for me, though. Once I get it in my head, it's pretty darn easy.

Now, before you go getting the wrong idea...we are JUST FRIENDS. He is single, no kids, never married. We have a ton of things in common, from food to music to movies. But, we are just not seeking the same things in life necessarily so, friends we shall be. Which is perfectly fine with me, since I am pretty much still on the Anti-Relationship bandwagon (thanks New Guy!). If I need something, I know who to call to get it, so it's not like I am missing much there. But all the excess drama? The does-he-really-like-me-as-much-as-I-like-him drama? The could-this-be-the-one syndrome? PASS!!!!!

This is someone to talk to, email with, chat with, and hang with for a time or two when he gets stateside late October. He will make it home for about a week, so I will get to see him then. Then he gets stationed in Memphis. Hey, as I told him...they have good BBQ in Memphis, so I can put that on the places to visit list!

I will admit though, that I am concerned to meet him with my current weight at a very uncomfortable number. I mean, mainly because I am just not comfortable with it. So, hopefully with lots of effort, I will be down 20 pounds by the time he gets here.

What? Never hurts to put your best foot forward!!!!

No comments: