October 2, 2007

Look! Up in the Sky...It's Me!

Yeah, Yeah...I know. I suck!! But I promise to get better real soon.

So, let's see, what's been going on? Work is work. In less than a week, I should FINALLY be on an earlier shift to pick up ALL of my children. I did get a break when two new girls started and was able to move up to 9a-530p, so I can pick the WonderTwins up everyday now. Then hopefully within the next week or two I will be moving up to 8-430 or 830-5, I don't know which one yet. I want the 830-5 for the sake of my sisters, so if they need to drop the girls off with me to take to school they can. But, I also want to get off earlier too. Which is selfish because look at how many things they sacrificed to be able to pick my kids up? On the back end, what difference does 30min really make?

Other than that, I have another new friend that I have been chatting with the past week or two. Let's call this guy TechGuard (subject to change). Funny thing is he has the exact same name as the New Guy, so in talking about to friends I have distinguished him by added "New" in front of his name. And finally, the Kween, calls him "New_____", instead of "White______"! lol

Yes, he is white. Met him on yahoo im, actually. Usually I am a snob if someone I don't know pops in saying 'hi'. I will instantly block them. But this time, I decided to be nice and say hello. I was glad I did, he's a pretty cool guy. I am one who has never had an aversion to dating outside of my "race", and have done before (though long years ago). I am not looking to rush into a full-on relationship still, I am just dating and looking to play it by ear...so this is something new for me.

We have had some pretty interesting chats on occasion as well. By interesting, I do mean um...racy. So we are going to dinner Wednesday night, where I plan to determine if there is actual attraction AND chemistry in person, and if this may turn into something. I met him once for about 10 minutes, and my initial reaction was 'Okay'...not blown away or anything. He is one of those that will probably become more attractive to me through his personality, though he is not unattractive on his own. I wouldn't have picked him out on the street though. Nor would I have picked out PsychoRev or the New Guy, either. I still have a shallow side, sue me!

So, we will see how this goes, and I will keep you posted on that!

I should have a work update by the end of the week! Whew!!

No comments: