October 17, 2007

Such a Forgiving Soul

I am always willing to give other's another chance. I have this fatal flaw of always seeing the good in people....even if it's a little speck! So, Dante and I talked on Sunday and he explained the full story of what happened. I told him that's fine and all, but he could have sent me an email to say something. Being accused of being a fair weather friend myself by going into my own little world when things were really bad, I can understand his actions. But, still the timing was just crappy, especially with New Man happening at the same time.

So we've been talking on the phone and we've been chatting. But, as I made clear to him, I am more wary now as to his motives. So we will have to see what happens, and I have to build up to trusting him again.

Can't Get Right/The One is just not there yet. I can't say that I will wait again. I have other things in my life to keep me occupied at least. By other things, I don't mean other guys either. Dating still sucks...too many ulterior motives to sift through. But, one thing I do know is that I can take another hurt from anyone else....but him. I just don't think my heart would survive. So I step back and watch and pray and hope that one day he may actually get it right!

No comments: