May 18, 2008

I Got Flowers

Saturday afternoon, as I was working in my living room, I saw a flower delivery van outside my front window. Well, the first thing I thought was "That surely isn't for me" and I went back to loading my bags full of winter clothing into the hallway closet. Oddly enough when I came back to the front, I saw the lady was walking up the front steps, so I went to the door. She said my name and I replied, then she handed me a vase containing a dozen roses!

I'll be honest, my first thought was that they were from my sweetie. You see, he came home this weekend because his sis had the baby...and I hadn't seen him yet. That just seemed like something he would do. Especially after the Mother's Day card last weekend!

Then I read the card in the bouquet:
"From someone who loves you very, very, very much."

I knew then who it wasn't from, and also who it was from. Yep, you guessed it!

Can't Get Right!

When I called him to ask about them, he told me he just wanted to tell me another way how much he cared besides just verbally.

Silly me, I was worried about explaining the flowers when my sweetie came by before he left. Well, didn't have to worry about that because he didn't stop by to see me at all this weekend. Yes, I am a bit disappointed by that, but it wasn't about me to start with. So I deal with it. I know other women who would have pitched a fit, because they seem to think that their man's life seems to revolve around them! This is a big deal for him, now that he is in Memphis and so close to home. He was home for his birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Mother's Day, and now not only the birth of his sister's child but her birthday today as well! Never in his 18years in the Marines has this happened. So yeah, I'll take a backseat to that.

Anyway, I still haven't seen Can't Get Right...and I really don't know what to think. I have such a different focus right now, I just don't flip out over that like I did not-too-long ago. That makes me feel very empowered too. I went to Leigh's Master's degree graduation on Friday night...that was a bit of a wake-up call too. I need to get focused on achieving my Bachelor's degree, then my MBA, because that's what I want! There is noone in my way but me, the same person that's been blocking me for all these years.

No more, no more, no more!

In Spanish: No mas, no mas, no mas!

Hopefully that cleared it up!

No comments: