May 2, 2008

Living for the Weekend

First things first: The microwave cart is still in the van.

Okay, now that that's out of the way. I left work a few hours early today. My bff was sweet today asking me how that affects my pay. I am keeping a pretty good watch on it. Today I really only took like an hour and 15minutes unpaid. Who knows? I will probably go my next two weeks paycheck cycle and not take any time off. I am trying to be on top of things. I probably lost about 12 or 13 hours this pay period, which will be a dent, but not drastic. I bet it will be enough to shock me back to reality of taking time off. When it's slow, I can focus on things to do for StarrDom!

They've been laying off people across the hall at full service. Some part timers but some full-timers too. What was shocking is that the other lady who used to work til 6p with me, then went to full service a little too prematurely to get better hours....she was one of the people laid off today!! If she would have just stayed for another month, she would have heard that we were getting new hires. Oh well!

See how God looked out for me?? The ONLY reason I didn't apply for the new positions at Gap was because I was on a written warning, and literally couldn't. Otherwise...that could have been me!!!

Well, I think I am going to lay up on the couch tonight and watch me a movie...any movie. We spent all evening at Grandmother's house. Got a gorgeous comforter set from her, and some clothes and a kickin pair of bootie mules from Mom...plus some more canned goods from grandmother. Tomorrow the plan is to hit the matinee and go see Iron Man. I think it's gonna be really good.

As always, I will let you know.

No comments: