May 14, 2008

Time is moving on...

Man, have I been a little MIA lately or what? I had gotten so good at my blogging schedule! But with everything going on with the new business stuff and just life in general, I have been slacking major.

Last night, I watch 'Hairspray'. What a great little film!! I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were so many relevant messages in it, even for today. It was one the kids could watch and enjoy also, so it was a great evening. Viv came over and braided Starr's hair. Champagne had hers braided the evening before (could have wrung her neck for not even flinching when Viv comb her hair, yet I apply grease and she's tearing up already!). That will be their "look" for the summer, cause both of them will be swimming soon enough! I rented '27 Dresses' tonight. I wanted to get 'Untraceable' but I thought that was a little dark for me right now. The other choice was 'P.S. I Love You'....and um...hell no! A little too emotional right now for that one!

I had an awesome Saturday and Sunday night with my sweetie. That felt good, being able to sleep with him and wake up with him too. (And boy does he know how to wake a girl up!!)

Ok, I am back! (huge, guilty grin) I am waiting to hear whether I am what's called "client qualified" for my first client with Arise. It's one I really wanted, and then the other obstacle would be paying for it within 24hours. But, I am working on that now too.

A couple of people on my team got fired on Monday afternoon, so that brought things really close to home. Not like I would be as broken up as one would expect me to be in such a situation if it happened to me, but I am not ready just yet! Got to at least secure one steady Arise client, while working on my second...and my other streams of income too! My magnets for my car came, as well as my admin. business cards. I just need to work on my sales letter and/or brochure for the admin services...and I have YET to do my travel flyer! Slacker I know. I am also working on networking opportunities as well in the very near future. I would LOVE to build my own little mailing list for my travel services, and I really want to get church business too!!

As usual, I got a lot to do. So, don't be mad if you don't see me for a minute! K??

p.s. My sweetie used some fabulous Marine-type stealth skills to deliver a Mother's Day to my front door unnoticed...after he left that afternoon! And what a nice card it was:

"There aren't many challenges bigger than those faced by single mothers...but if anyone is up to the challenge, you are. You're a wonderful mother and you deserve a Happy Mother's Day!"
Did that not totally ROCK, or am I just a bit biased??

No comments: